Sea Moss has also been used medicinally in Irish and caribbean cultures to treat a number of ailments ranging from poor libido to coughs and infections. A number of studies also suggest that sea moss in its pure form can:
· Improves immune function.
- It contains antioxidants and several antimicrobial properties that help to fight and keep infections at bay. It also contains potassium iodide that expectorates phlegm from the airways.
· Aids easy digestion.
- Its mucilaginous nature helps to soothe the digestive tract when ingested. It also acts as a prebiotic and works to eliminate pathogenic bacteria in the gut.
· Promotes thyroid function
- It is full of iodine compounds that are beneficial to thyroid health.
· Increases energy levels
- It is rich in vitamin B2 and B9. The former breaks down protein and fats to release energy stored in food, while the latter plays a role in DNA synthesis.
· Promotes Skin health
- It contains citrulline a substance called a non-essential amino acid compound that is scientifically known to enhance collagen synthesis, which is crucial to good skin health.
To put things in perspective, sea moss in its whole form has loads of health benefits. It is pure, natural and packed full of nutrients and minerals that provide optimal health benefits.
Sea Moss or Irish moss is commonly known as seaweed.
It contains 92 of 102 minerals. It is the best source of vitamins and trace minerals. Our human body is
composed of 102 minerals and nutrients.
Sea moss contains major minerals like magnesium, potassium, iodine, sulfur, calcium, iron, selenium and less
amount of sodium. Each mineral plays its own important role. They supply energy to the body, regulate digestion
and detoxify the body.
Major Minerals in Sea Moss (Irish Moss)
Vitamins in Sea Moss
Sea Moss consists of many different vitamins which are very essential to our human body.
It has vitamins like A, B, C, D, E and K. Each vitamin has its own health benefits.
USES OF SEA MOSS
Raw vegan desserts
Soups and broth
Homemade puddings, sauces, and dressings
As a hair mask or facial mask
Sea moss is such a great source of nutrients and so simple to make. It is a GREAT source to add to a vegan diet!